found a positive for having AS!

For those with AS I'm sure that title made you think I've gone crazy! What positive could you ever find in having ankylosing spondylitis (AS)? At the rate I'm going on the stomach viruses and methotrexate weekly nausea, I'll be back in my skinny jeans in no time!

Joking aside...my husband has declared me the "upchuck champion". Not an award that I will display or even want to accept!

The beginning of the week I felt as if my head was going to explode! Then it hit...here we go...the "upchucking" starts!

Life with AS means taking drugs that
1. compromise your immune system
2. make you nauseous

Which means-you are an easy target to catch EVERY stinking thing! Can I get a break for the nausea and throwing up please!

So for today--which is supposed to be my "sick" day! Medicine day...I will skip for now. When you basically haven't eaten in a week, best not to continue that path. So methotrexate you will be postponed until I see fit to "be nauseous" again. And enbrel...my immune system is totally gone at the moment, so that means you will have to wait as well.

The positive with AS...I can eat french fries and not gain weight...YAY or maybe Boo!

I will not be a "shut in" just because of the fear of getting every germ that you may carry or that's floating in the air. But, I do ask that if you know you are sick, could you please stay home. There are those of us that would like not to catch what you're walking around hacking up! Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when your DR says, "you are making my brain hurt"

3 jaw surgeries in one year?!

Weight loss/gain/bloating/gassiness.....